Joint Munitions Command (JMC) Facilities Provide Unique Capabilities Within Its Ammunition Industrial Base

Attention: open in a new window. Print
ARMY AL&T | Dennis Dunlap

The Army relies on the private sector for 70 percent of DOD’s conventional ammunition requirements; the remaining 30 percent are provided by government-owned ammunition plants and depots. Some plants, such as Radford Army Ammunition Plant (AAP), VA, and Holston AAP, Kingsport, TN, are well-known. This article focuses on some of the lesser known unique capabilities within the government-owned industrial base and how those capabilities provide flexibility to support our Soldiers, often in ways that were never imagined when the capabilities were developed.

VIEW ORIGINAL ARTICLE (.pdf)